Author: Sauce Recipes
- 1 stick of white celery
- ½ pint of milk
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- salt and pepper
- Take a little of the milk, add it to the corn flour and form a smooth paste.
- Chop the celery finely.
- Place the remaining milk, with the onion and the chopped celery in a pan and cook until the celery is tender.
- Remove the onion and sieve the liquid, rubbing the celery bits through the sieve.
- Return the liquid to the pan, and add the paste whilst stirring well.
- Bring back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and seasoning to taste.