Chocolate Sauce (Rich)
Author: Sauce Recipes
- ½ pint of milk
- ¼ level teaspoon of custard powder or corn flour
- 3 tablespoons of granulated chocolate (or crushed and broken chocolate)
- vanilla essence
- a little cream or butter (optional)
- Place the chocolate into a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Heat on the stove until the chocolate dissolves and the milk begins to boil.
- In a separate bowl mix enough of the remaining milk with the corn flour or custard power to form a smooth creamy paste.
- Add the remaining milk to the chocolate mix and bring back to the boil.
- Add the corn flour/ custard paste and allow the mix to return to the boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add a couple of drops of vanilla essence.
- To make the sauce richer, add the butter or cream and mix well.