Author: Sauce Recipes
- 1 pint of redcurrant jelly
- A few chopped sultanas
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon of Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Harvey's sauce
- Slowly heat the jelly in a pan until it dissolves, then add the sultanas
- Use a grater to remove the rind from the oranges and lemons, then add the rind to the jelly.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the juice from the oranges and lemons.
- Stir in the Harvey's and Worcester sauce, mixing well.
- Leave the sauce to stand for about 8 hours, or over night, ideally in a very cold place, but do not let it freeze.
- Either use the next day, or if kept in an airtight container use within a few days.
- DO NOT strain the sauce- the bits are supposed to be in it :-)