Author: Sauce Recipes
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ pint of water
- lemon juice
- 1 dessertspoon of corn flour
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 1 oz. butter
- Crystallized ginger ( chopped finely)
- Mix the corn flour and ground ginger with a little water to form a creamy paste.
- Place the rest of the water with the golden syrup in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the corn flour paste to the pan and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes, adding the butter after 4 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and all the finely chopped crystallized ginger just before serving.
- Stir well, then serve.