Author: Sauce Recipes
- ½ pound of mushrooms
- 3 or 4 bacon rinds - or a small bacon bone
- a small piece of onion
- 1 oz. butter
- a little water
- milk and corn flour (optional)
- Clean the mushrooms then put them in a pan with just enough water to cover them.
- Add the onion, bacon and seasoning.
- Simmer for about ten minutes - until the onion is tender.
- Remove the bacon and onion.
- Put the mushrooms through a sieve.
- Return the mushroom puree to the saucepan and re-heat it, but do not allow it to boil.
- When very hot, add the butter.
- If the sauce is too thick add a little milk, and if it is too thin, add a little corn flour.