Author: Sauce Recipes
- 1 dessert spoon of corn flour
- ½ pint of milk
- A little sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 oz. butter
- Use a little of the milk to form a smooth paste with the corn flour.
- Put the sugar and the rest of the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Pour the liquid over the corn flour paste.
- Bring the mix back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolk.
- Remove the liquid from the heat and add the beaten egg, butter and sherry.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it thickens.
- DO NOT let the liquid boil.