Tomato Sauce 02
Author: Sauce Recipes
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- large pinch of salt
- 3 oz. butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, or very strong cheddar
- Put the tomatoes in a pan and stew until soft and pulpy.
- Rub the tomatoes through a sieve.
- Put the butter and the chopped onion in a hot pan and stir together.
- When the butter is well melted, add the salt, flour and cheese.
- Mix well whilst heating to boiling point.
- When boiling, pour the tomatoes puree over the butter mix.
- Bring back to the boil.
- Serve with paste or rice.