Author: Sauce Recipes
- 1 teaspoon of tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sherry
- 1 desert spoon of corn flour
- ½ pint of stock or water with Marmite added to it
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 pickled gherkin
- Mix a little stock/water with the corn flour to form a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining stock/water to a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the paste to the pan, stirring all the time, and keep it just boiling.
- Allow to cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and now add the sherry, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Chop the gherkin finely and add to the sauce.