Author: Sauce Recipes
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 table spoons of chopped shallots
- 1 table spoon of cream
- 1 dessert spoon of tarragon vinegar
- 1 gill of normal vinegar
- 1 gill of basic white sauce
- salt and pepper
- Place the vinegar in a pan, add the shallots and bring to the boil.
- Strain out the shallots and put to one side.
- Put the white sauce and the vinegar into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Beat the egg yolks.
- As the liquid reaches boiling point, add the beaten eggs and remove the pan from the heat straight away.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tarragon vinegar and cream just before serving the sauce.