Author: Sauce Recipes
- 1 egg
- ½ pint of milk
- 1 level teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 oz. castor sugar
- flavouring such as vanilla (optional)
- In a bowl, beat the egg, add the corn flour and a tablespoon of milk. Mix well.
- Put the rest of the milk, with the sugar, in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Pour the milk, slowly, onto the egg and corn flour mix and stir well.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and bring *almost* to boiling point, but DO NOT allow it to actually boil.
- Add your flavouring if desired.