Lemon Glaze Sauce
Author: Sauce Recipes
The perfect sauce for glazing home-cooked ham.
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, stir together whole cloves, brown sugar, corn flour, water, raisins, lemon juice, brown mustard, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Strain, remove the whole cloves, and put them on one side.
- Remove the ham from the oven about half an hour before the end of the baking time.
- With a sharp knife make diagonal cuts across the surface of the ham.
- Push the cloves into the ham skin along the cuts.
- Spoon ⅓ of the glaze on top of the ham, and the remaining glaze at 10 minute intervals.