Author: Sauce Recipes
- 2 or 3 sliced onions
- 1 oz. butter
- ½ pint of milk
- 1 dessertspoon of corn flour or 1 tablespoon of flour
- Put the onions and milk into a saucepan and simmer until tender.
- Add a little water to the flour to form a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the onion and milk, stirring all the time.
- Bring slowly to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- For a smooth sauce, rub the mix through a coarse sieve, otherwise leave the bits and lumps as they are.
- Add the seasoning and butter, stir briefly, and serve.