Sweet Sauce (Basic)
Author: Sauce Recipes
- 1 oz. butter
- 1 table spoon of plain flour OR 1 desert spoon of corn flour
- ½ pint of milk
- Mix the flour with enough of the milk to form a smooth paste.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- When boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add the flour paste, stirring well.
- Bring the mix back to the boil.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar to taste.
- Stir in the butter.
- Add flavouring if desired, such as a little lemon or orange juice.