Author: Sauce Recipes
A traditional sauce for serving with meat dishes, particularly haggis or beef.
- 500ml/17fl oz double cream
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp whisky
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Heat the double cream in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the wholegrain mustard, Dijon mustard and whisky and stir to mix well together.
- Increase the heat until the sauce is simmering.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Stir in the tablespoon of chives.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.